OutsidePR is hiring! As a boutique, seven-person agency based in Marin County, we represent some of the greatest outdoor and endurance brands in the world. Our clients range from multi-billion dollar brands like Red Bull and Beachbody to core outdoor brands like Ultimate Direction and Buff.
Our corporate culture is maximized to be employee-centric. We value flexibility – whether it is regular work-from-home days or working in workout clothes. We purposefully do not have a vacation policy, as we believe that employees are best suited to crafting their own vacation policies (guided by common sense and a dedicated work ethic).
We work in a small, collegial office that is dog friendly on the shores of San Francisco Bay and offer yearly $500 bonuses that are granted to fulfill any purpose that advances your athletic interests. Maternity leave is six months at 80% pay and, as a California corporation, the company is non-discriminatory in every respect. The pay is higher than our direct competitors and competitive with larger, technology-servicing agencies in the Bay Area.
Job Title: Account Manager
Reports To: President, Vice President
Location: Sausalito, California
- To help OutsidePR continue to expand its size and revenue
- To manage our awesome client brands (new and existing) by delivering outstanding public relations results.
- Deliver a daily dose of publicity for clients currently on our roster and new business. Account managers here are responsible for generating their own client’s publicity throughout the year – there are few account executives to whom to delegate work.
- Account management including responding to daily/weekly/monthly communication, driving year-long implementation plans and campaigns, supervising monthly and yearly media reports and supporting our client brands and their strategic goals
- Traveling offsite for media deskside visits and events. We usually visit New York, Southern California and Boulder, and account managers are responsible for generating pitch ideas, securing appointments, delivering gear and reporting after the fact.
- Event management support. This can range from supporting and delivering media to events, and/or organizing events of our own, including organizing press trips in-house and for our clients.
- Trade show attendance and publicity generation. We usually attend Interbike and Outdoor Retailer, but other shows may apply. Bonus points for developing creative trade show publicity opportunities.
- Support new business developments by being attentive to opportunities and representing the agency in a positive way.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- A great familiarity with the tools of the PR trade: pitching, media list building, press release and media material writing, generating product trial and review, crafting creative campaigns and pitches for clients and cultivating an insatiable media consumption to generate new ideas and pitches.
- Account management skills, including daily/weekly client communications; planning and managing complex PR campaigns. Organizational and reporting skills are crucial.
- Familiarity with MS Office and Google applications
- Slack and Cision work to be trained if needed
- PR experience is a must (preference given for 2-5 years of experience)
- A working familiarity with the media working in the outdoor and endurance communities is preferred
- Preference for relationships built in large consumer media
- A background in and familiarity with endurance and outdoor sports is needed
- Clear written and oral communications skills in English
- Able to be a self-starter, goal-driven and self-motivating
- Be a supportive team player able to thrive in a small office setting
PLEASE SEND RESUMES/COVER LETTERS TO: